RECIPE FOR GHOSTBREAD
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
* 4 cups shortening for frying
1. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water. Knead on a floured board about 3 minutes or until soft and satiny but not sticky. Shape dough into balls about 3 inches in diameter. Flatten into patties 1/2 inch thick, and make a small hole in the center of each patty.
2. Fry one at a time (iron skillet works best) in 1 inch of hot shortening, till puffy and golden brown; turning to brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle w/salt. Serve hot - not as good reheated or cold.